B’nai Jeshurun Rebrand

Congregation B’nai Jeshurun

Founded in 1825, B’nai Jeshurun is the second oldest synagogue in New York City. BJ—for short—reflects a thriving, diverse, and progressive congregation. Its members and staff describe it as a welcoming and inclusive community that values personal growth and progressive interpretations of the Torah as suited for contemporary living.

Bj logo1
Bj building

B’nai Jeshurun sanctuary, dedicated in 1917, was designed by Henry B. Herts who is best known for his design of Brooklyn Academy of Music.

Bj ark

In line with the Moorish Revival style, the synagogue contains many curved arches, such as the Torah Arch inside the sanctuary.

The logo mark is comprised of six interconnected ovals, representing the individual of the community. The ovals come together around the Jewish Star of David to form a greater whole. The form echos the stained glass rosette that anchors the synagogue’s central façade, the meeting place of the congregation.

Rebrand announcement video; videography Shulamit Seidler-Feller

Website

Topos bj website 8
Topos bj website 9
Topos bj website 10

Stationery

Topos BJ Stationery V1

Emails

Topos BJ Email Design 2019 05 02 V1
Topos BJ Email Design 2019 05 02 V2